Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions - General
1. Only nominations completed on the official Nomination Form on the web site will be accepted as valid. The Nomination Form is at the following link – www.sydneybusinessawards.com.au
2. By submitting the nomination form, all nominators accept these Terms and Conditions.
3. Nominations close at TBD 2013
4. Business owners, principals, directors, employees and the general public are permitted to submit a nomination.
5. All information submitted on the nomination form must be true and correct at the time of nominating.
6. The City of Sydney Business Awards judges reserve the right to make the final determination about category placement and whether a business is independently owned.
7. Finalists will be announced from each category based on the businesses receiving the highest number of votes in each category.
8. The City of Sydney and the event organisers reserve the right to declare a finalist ineligible in its sole discretion, including but not limited to if the nominee is unable to represent the Awards in a satisfactory manner, or a conflict of interest exists with the City of Sydney Council or voting for that finalist is ineligible. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All finalists may enter the EnergyAustralia Sustainability Award by completing the questionnaire provided to all Finalists.
10. The event organisers collect personal and business information from nominated businesses in order to conduct the Awards. If the information requested is not provided, the nominated businesses may be refused entry into the awards and their nomination rejected.
11. A nominated business agrees that the event organisers can use information collected about the business in any media for future promotional and marketing purposes.
12. If the nominated business ticks the opt-in box, that nominated business’ information may be disclosed to partners of the City of Sydney Business Awards and to the City of Sydney. Please do not tick the opt-in box on the Nomination Form if you do not wish to be contacted by Awards partners and the City of Sydney.
13. By nominating, nominees, finalists and winners agree that the event organisers can use their images for promotional and marketing purposes across all media. You accept that you may be filmed and photographed in relation to the City of Sydney Business Awards, and that those images may appear in all forms of media, including print, online, television and other media.
14. By nominating, you agree to receive the Business Awards Newsletter during the term of the Awards Program.
15. Information on the Finalists and Winners will be published on the official City of Sydney Business Awards website.
16. The judging panel is an independent panel of representatives from business, government and academia and will be selected by the event organisers in consultation with the City of Sydney based on abilities and expertise. The panel will sign and return a confidentiality agreement before being able to participate in the judging process and their associated companies are unable to enter the awards.
17. All decisions by the judges are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The event organizers are not responsible for the content or privacy policies associated with linked websites to the official City of Sydney Business Awards website.
Terms and Conditions for Businesses
1. Businesses must meet the eligibility criteria in order to nominate and enter the City of Sydney Business Awards. Each business must:
o Have its principal place of business located in the Local Government Area of the City of Sydney;
o Have fewer than 200 full time employees;
o Be independently owned;
o Have been in continuous operation for at least six months prior to the nomination; and
o Have a unique ABN number.
2. The event organisers and the judges reserve the right to verify and determine the eligibility of nominated businesses.
3. Businesses may nominate in only one category.
4. Businesses that become Finalists may also be considered in the Highest Recognition Awards.
5. Full Awards Category details and Highest Recognition Award details are available in the Awards Categories section of the website.
6. Finalists in all categories will be required to complete a business questionnaire as part of the judging process. Information provided by businesses in the questionnaires will only be accessible to the judging panel. Questionnaires will not be returned.
7. Businesses have the right to withdraw their nomination at any time.
8. If at any time during the judging phase a finalist's business goes into administration, voluntary receivership, liquidation or bankruptcy, the finalist is required to advise the event organisers and accepts that they will no longer be a finalist. In this eventuality the event organisers will put forward the next business receiving the highest number of votes in the respective category as the replacement finalist.
9. If at any time during the nomination or judging phases voting irregularities are found in relation to a nominee or finalist (in the sole discretion of the judges), that finalist will be removed from the competition and will no longer be a nominee or a finalist. In this eventuality the event organisers will put forward the next business receiving the highest number of votes in the respective category as the replacement.
10. Finalists in relevant categories may receive a visit during the judging phase from a mystery shopper. Feedback from the visit will be used by the judging panel. Mystery Shopping reports will be made available to Finalists on request to the Mystery Shopping provider, ShopAngels.
11. Winners from each category will automatically be entered into the Business of the Year Award and Small Business of the Year Award (fewer than 20 employees) chosen by the panel of judges.
12. Nominated businesses can request from the event organiser the contact information of the voters who voted for them in the awards. An administration fee will apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request and be notified of the administration fee.
13. Nominated businesses may only contact voters who have opted in to receive promotional and marketing information from the nominated business.
14. Nominated businesses must provide an unsubscribe facility in relation to any information they send voters.
15. The City of Sydney and the event organiser accept no responsibility for the validity of the contact information provided by voters, including but not limited to the validity of email addresses, names and contact numbers.
Terms and Conditions for Voters
1. The public are able to vote by completing the official online form and/or sending an SMS.
2. Only one vote per business is permitted by each voter.
3. Votes must be entered by a voter using their real name and contact details.
4. All voters, as part of the voting process, accept these Terms & Conditions.
5. Voting closes at TBD 2013
6. The event organisers reserve the right to verify the validity of votes and to reject any votes which are not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Information from Nominated Businesses
7. If you tick the opt-in box on the voting form, you agree that the business you nominate may thereafter contact you directly with promotional or marketing information.
8. If you choose to receive information from the nominated business and at a later date wish to no longer receive information, you must use the unsubscribe facility provided by the nominated business.
Awards Dinner Terms & Conditions
1. Prices for tickets to the Awards dinner are subject to change at any time without notice.
2. Any pricing errors or omissions will be corrected on our systems and the corrected price will be charged to your order (including those orders already submitted and accepted).
3. Purchase of tickets for the event is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions
4. Tickets are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled, however, tickets can be transferred to another attendee if the purchaser is unable to attend.
5. The right of admission is reserved by the events organiser.
6. Advertised programs may be varied without notice. Artists may be added, withdrawn or substituted for performances and the right to vary prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity is reserved.
7. Ticket holders enter the venue at their own risk. The event organiser will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury arising from a pre-existing medical condition or due to a breach of these conditions.
8. This ticket may not, without the prior written consent of Sydney Business Awards, be resold for commercial packages or at a premium, nor may it be packaged or used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
Voters Prize - Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter of the Voters Cash Prize Draw is The Events Agency Pty Ltd.
2. All valid voters in the City of Sydney Business Awards are entered into the Voters Cash Prize Draw.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of voters.
4. A valid voter is one who has only voted once for a business and used their real name and a genuine email address.
5. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, the City of Sydney, and event partners are not eligible.
6. The prize is $1500 in cash and will be awarded to the first valid voter whose name is drawn from the pool of voters.
7. The prize will be drawn randomly from the total pool of valid voters in this year’s City of Sydney Business Awards. The draw will take place at 12pm on Wednesday 15 August at Suite 12, 94 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst NSW. The Winner will be notified by phone or email and the prize winner’s name will be published on the Sydney Business Awards website www.sydneybusinessawards.com.au.
8. Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The total prize value is $1500. If for any reason the prize winner does not redeem the prize by the date specified then the prize is forfeited and a re-draw will take place.
10. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of participating in this promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
11. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fraud, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
ANZ Super Regional Award Prize - Terms & Conditions
1. The winner will be selected by 10:00 am AEST on Monday 24 September 2012 at ANZ Business Centre, Level 7, 10 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW according to the ANZ Super Regional Award judging criteria.
2. The winner will be announced on the evening of the City of Sydney Business Awards Gala Dinner. The winner will receive a congratulatory letter upon accepting the ANZ Super Regional Award that will confirm the prize details from ANZ.
3. There will be one prize-winner selected based on the criteria outlined in the Business Awards Finalist Application for the ANZ Super Regional Award category.
4. The prize winner will receive a five day business development trip with their friend to their choice of Hong Kong, China, Vietnam or Indonesia. The winner and their friend will be provided one economy return airfare each departing from Sydney, New South Wales to their choice of Hong Kong, China, Vietnam or Indonesia valued at approximately $3500 including taxes. The winner and their friend will be staying at accommodation properties at the discretion of ANZ valued at $1500. Hotel incidentals will be incurred at the expense of the winner. The winner will receive an ANZ Travel Card with AUD$500 credit to assist with transfers and associated travel costs. An ANZ representative will liaise with the winner to book the flights, accommodation and itinerary who will be in touch with the winner within five business days after the City of Sydney Business Awards Gala Dinner. ANZ will liaise with the winner to book an itinerary that connects them to ANZ’s local networks and share business insights in the selected country. The total maximum retail prize bank value is $5500 including GST.
5. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize is not exchangeable, transferable and non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash.
6. The prize must be redeemed within 12 months.
7. Tax implications may arise from the prize winnings. Independent advice should be sought.
8. ANZ reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these competition conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise ANZ will award the prize to the entry deemed to be the next best entry. The winner will be notified in writing immediately.